Saturday 26 February 2011

Billy's bedtime book

Finally, finally we have finished Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. What a slog that was. We had seen the film and I think that the familiarity of the cover was what attracted Billy to the book at the library. He regularly commented as I was reading that he remembered bits from the film. I don't think I have ever read a novelisation before, and I am not encouraged to seek any more out. It was really just a description of the film, and very difficult to read out loud.

Billy and I take turns choosing his bedtime book (a system I started so I got a break from endless Horrid Henry), and I am choosing Prince Caspian by CS Lewis. We're working our way slowly through the series. We started last night and I think that it's going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment