Wednesday 8 May 2013

Bishop Auckland

We visited Bishop Auckland a couple of weeks ago. The annual Food Festival was on and we had a wonderful time visiting the stalls and tasting all kinds of delicious food. The Festival extended right along the Market Square and up into the grounds of the castle (the castle is the official residence of the Bishop of Durham.


As we were leaving I noticed a second hand bookshop, Bondgate Books,  just opening it's doors. I went in and discovered these three books to bring home with me.

The Little World of Don Camillo by Giovanni Guareschi
I have heard this dramatised on Radio 4, but didn't realise that it was adaped from a novel.

The Foolish Immortals by Paul Gallico
I've been wanting to read something by Paul Gallico for some time. I hadn't heard of this particular book, but thought I'd give it a try.

My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin
A book I'd vaguely heard of, but know little about. Apparently the author wrote it when she was only 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment